Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More recipes

For dinner tonight we had another yummy one! I am not trying to make myself look good as a cook, just wanting to share somthing that our family enjoyed. I have made this before and was surprised how good it was then. I had all the ingredients on hand, just had to buy the ground beef for it. We have a neighbor a few houses down that gives us a few canned goods ocasionally. He gave us an ingredient and didn't even know it.

I found this recipe about 6 yrs. ago in a "Boxcar Kids" book. It is simple and so much better than the boxed version of it. Here goes...


HAMBURGER HELPER

1 pound ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 T. parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cans tomato soup
1 soup can water
1 1/2 cup elbows
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

cook meat with onion, add next 6 ingredients and mix well. cover and turn heat to low. simmer 20 min. pour into greased casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese. serves 6


If you try it let me know if your family enjoyed it or not. It is a budget friendly meal. Serve it with homemade biscuits and a green salad. That's what we do. Play around with it also. Add to it and let me know what you did to make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones