Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dinner

     No photo of tonight's dinner makings.  I had to whip it together fast to feed the hungry crowd.  Carter had a friend sleep over and we went sledding.  We got home late picking up Quin, who slept over a friends house last night as well. 

     As soon as we got home from Wegmans I made dinner.  Fettuccine Alfredo w/ chicken & broccoli.  You want to know how I know it was a good dinner?  The children needed no correction during dinner.  It was quiet and you could hear them chewing.  James thanked me at least 3x for the great tasting meal.  I put my new cookbook to good use.  The $5 dinner Mom cookbook  was the best gift for Christmas.  (Thanks Quintin)

     On page 59 is her recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo.  It is made with a basic white sauce with some Parmesan cheese added.  Oh, my how easy and simple it was!  The recipe for the sauce is on page 276.  I made it with ingredients already in my pantry.  I cost no more than $0.70 to make the sauce.  Added some chicken I had in the freezer i bought a mega pack of.   Steamed some broccoli and sliced up a  loaf of Pane Italian bread I got free using double $1 coupons at Wegmans.  Oh what a wonderful meal.  James had 2 helpings and Jackson, age 2 2/3 yrs. finished off the broccoli!

     Make this when you don't know what to make and your family will devour it as mine did!

     Thank you Erin Chase for you amazing blessing of a cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones